Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Moment With Ella Johnson

Q - Can you tell us who Ella Johnson is and why this makes you you?
A - I was born in England, so am British by birth. I moved back to Nigeria with my family in the 70s. I attended College of Education and majored in Fine Arts and Education.  I taught Fine Arts from nursery school to secondary school level before moving back to England. I live with my American husband inFlorida and own my own business.
Q - How long have you been blogging?
A - I started blogging April 2009.
Q - How could other bloggers help you with what you do?
A – Well, they can help my reposting my giveaways on their blogs. This will help more parents take part in the free book giveaways and for a chance to win free books for their children or their classroom library. I used to feature bloggers’ giveaways on my blog and am about to start again under ‘Freebies’.http://mymcbooks.wordpress.com/get-freebies/
Q - Would you like to tell us about your family and how they feel about what you do?
A - My husband is from Cleveland and is very supportive of what I do.  
Q - I see you have a website, a blog and an Amazon store as well can you tell us about each of them and why you have all three and what they are used for.
A - My website is called Memorable Children Books & Gifts (MCBG) www.mcbooksandgifts.com I started MCBG in 2008 and we sell children’s personalized and non personalized books and gifts.
I started my blog Mymcbooks in 2009 to help promote my website. I was new to blogging then and didn’t know what I was doing or how blogging worked, until I met Tina Peterson - The Book Lady of Ubourne Books http://www.myusbornebooks.com/ She helped me a lot. I did use my website to give away free books then I moved the giveaways from my website to my blog.
Mymcbooks Store is something I started at Amazon Associates. It was a lot of work listing every book on my website. So I signed up with Amazon Associates.
Amazon Associates is one of the first online affiliate marketing programs that helps website owners like I make money by advertising millions of new and used products from Amazon.com. The customers just click on the link provided and buy products from Amazon, while we earn referral fees. It’s free to join and easy to use. https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/
Q - What is your favorite book and why?
A – I really don’t have a favorite book but I love Ready for Bed, Ready to Play & Ready for the Day by Stacey R Kaye and The Boy Who Wouldn’t Sit Still! by Sharon Lester.
Q - What Author dead or alive would you like to have dinner with and why?
A – I would like to have dinner with Charles Dickens and William Shakespeare because they wrote so many great books.
Q - How did you get started in giving out school supplies and why? How did this turn into books?
A – I already started giveaway free books on my website. I just knew that I wanted to giveaway school supplies but I never knew it will grow this big. The giveaway was for only for 2 winners but the comments where so heart felt that I decided to extend the giveaways from 2 to 20. http://mymcbooks.wordpress.com/photo-gallery/ 
Q - I saw you have a Birthday link on the site can you tell us what this is?
A – When I first started giving away books free by random, the comments left by parents/grandparents wishing to win a book for their children/grandchildren were heart felt. So I created ‘Mymcbooks Birthday Library’ http://www.mcbooksandgifts.com/mymcbookslibrary.html. So that all children listed between the ages of 2 to 5 will have a book once every year on their birthday till they turn 5 years old. I now have over 25 names on my Birthday list and since we started in July we have given 10 books to 10 children for their birthday, a gift from Mymcbooks Birthday Library. I pray more parents sign up to the program.
Q - Where do you get the books and supplies you give out?
School Supplies – I spend my own money and for the last 3 years I have given over 50 bags of school supplies.
Book Giveaways – Authors provide the books I review and then in turn give them away. And I visit Scholastic warehouse twice a year and some of the books are also used for the giveaways.
Mymcbooks Birthday Library – Some authors donated copies of their books for this program.
Q - Are there companies that help you with this?

No.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the interview.