Charlie and I talked last night before we headed to bed after watching Speed Racer about the things we could do today only for me to wake up to it raining which means we may have to change our plans. But that is OK. As I knew I had a ace up my sleeve as I could go into my office and get out a new school item I was sent for Charlie from Alex Toys. It is called Ready Set School. I was so glad when it arrived and I saw all that was inside it as I knew it would help us with his school work and also make learning fun.
Before I begin my review though I would like to let you know that even though I was sent Ready Set, School for a review that the thoughts in the review where all mine and mine alone.

Inside the box it is packed full of things I did not even think about teaching Charlie. Like a shoe that teaches him to tie. Like so many parents if he wears shoes that tie I just do it for him instead of taking the time to teach him. Or when we buy shoes I either pick ones up that has Velcro or ones that just slip on. So this past week Charlie and I have been getting the shoe out and practicing this way he will know how to tie before he starts to school. Even David has set down and showed Charlie how and taught him a song to sing which would help him learn to tie the shoes which is nice as he does not help him much with these types of things.
With me trying to teach Charlie his ABC's before he gets into school this year I was excited to see that Ready Set, School came with a ABC book that he can write on and wipe off. He has been good about getting it out when I work and working beside me. This has cut down on his bothering me which allows me to get more down. Plus it is helping prepare him for school by getting him to sit still.
Charlie knows all his numbers so with the 123 book he has been teaching our cats and dogs to count. Plus he has been showing his dad his numbers so David knows how to count. It is so cute as know he goes around telling me how many things are and he is also learning to add and subtract. By him learning this I know he is going to be ready for school.
Charlie already knew all his colors and shapes but there was a book in there on it and it has helped us as I keep asking him what things are when we are out and about as I do not want him to forget once he gets into school. Plus we take the book out and look for the colors inside it. He has even showed his sister Leslie the book and ready it to her. It has helped bring them closer together.
The other day I was busy and there is a Dot to Dot book inside the kit and I had not ever had Charlie do them as I was not sure he would understand how but he got the book out on his own and did it and then brought it to me to show me. I was so surprised as it was exactly right and he did not miss any numbers at all.
When we went into the Dollar Store the other day he even picked out a Dot to Dot book which he would not have done if we had not gotten this kit.
Inside the kit is everything you need to work on it. As it had crayons, markers scissors and scissors is something we needed as I need to practice his cutting with him and this will give him and David something to do together while I work.
This is not all that comes in the kit as it also has some stickers in it and stencils and so as you can see there is so much to do that your child would not get bored at all.
Next summer when Charlie goes up to my moms I will be packing it all to take with him as it will give them something to do together and keep him from being bored.
I think these would make wonderful items for the teachers on your list.
I can not wait to share the website with David's mom as well as mine as there is so much on it they can get for Charlie and it will be just like a toy only much better as they are learning items.

Before I begin my review though I would like to let you know that even though I was sent Ready Set, School for a review that the thoughts in the review where all mine and mine alone.

Inside the box it is packed full of things I did not even think about teaching Charlie. Like a shoe that teaches him to tie. Like so many parents if he wears shoes that tie I just do it for him instead of taking the time to teach him. Or when we buy shoes I either pick ones up that has Velcro or ones that just slip on. So this past week Charlie and I have been getting the shoe out and practicing this way he will know how to tie before he starts to school. Even David has set down and showed Charlie how and taught him a song to sing which would help him learn to tie the shoes which is nice as he does not help him much with these types of things.
With me trying to teach Charlie his ABC's before he gets into school this year I was excited to see that Ready Set, School came with a ABC book that he can write on and wipe off. He has been good about getting it out when I work and working beside me. This has cut down on his bothering me which allows me to get more down. Plus it is helping prepare him for school by getting him to sit still.
Charlie knows all his numbers so with the 123 book he has been teaching our cats and dogs to count. Plus he has been showing his dad his numbers so David knows how to count. It is so cute as know he goes around telling me how many things are and he is also learning to add and subtract. By him learning this I know he is going to be ready for school.
Charlie already knew all his colors and shapes but there was a book in there on it and it has helped us as I keep asking him what things are when we are out and about as I do not want him to forget once he gets into school. Plus we take the book out and look for the colors inside it. He has even showed his sister Leslie the book and ready it to her. It has helped bring them closer together.
The other day I was busy and there is a Dot to Dot book inside the kit and I had not ever had Charlie do them as I was not sure he would understand how but he got the book out on his own and did it and then brought it to me to show me. I was so surprised as it was exactly right and he did not miss any numbers at all.
When we went into the Dollar Store the other day he even picked out a Dot to Dot book which he would not have done if we had not gotten this kit.
Inside the kit is everything you need to work on it. As it had crayons, markers scissors and scissors is something we needed as I need to practice his cutting with him and this will give him and David something to do together while I work.
This is not all that comes in the kit as it also has some stickers in it and stencils and so as you can see there is so much to do that your child would not get bored at all.
Next summer when Charlie goes up to my moms I will be packing it all to take with him as it will give them something to do together and keep him from being bored.
I think these would make wonderful items for the teachers on your list.
I can not wait to share the website with David's mom as well as mine as there is so much on it they can get for Charlie and it will be just like a toy only much better as they are learning items.

Ready, Set, School
Age: 3+ Years
Bring the fun of getting ready for preschool home with Ready, Set, School! There are dozens of fun pre-school activities in one box. Learn shapes with stickers, a wipe away ABC and 123 books, a Tie My Shoe lacing card with instructions, scissors and stackable finger crayons.
A wonderful way to engage little ones preparing for pre-school. For older children, it's fun to continue the pre-school learning fun at home.
The next item I would like to get for Charlie would be the Ready set, Cut as this is something Charlie does not know how to do.

Glenda, Charlie and David
No comments:
Post a Comment