Thursday, August 6, 2015

Pink Tears: by Hana Goldberg

Today I am conducting another review for Giveaway Services. On a children's book called Pink Tears written by Hana Goldberg as I was sent a code to download it from Amazon. But the thoughts in the review are all mine and mine alone.


This Summer in our home has been up and down as there is days when all the kids in the neighborhood wanted to be here to play with Charlie. Then there is other days when they all play and do not want Charlie to play. Or there is days when one or two of the boys are here playing and someone else comes up to play and they say they do not want that person here. 

So this book was great for us as I sat down to read it to Charlie and he understood exactly how Lolly felt and Promised to me more kinder. Then asked if we could read it to his friends so they would all understand as well. Which made me feel so Proud as I could tell he did not want to hurt others feelings and that Pink Tears helped him. 

The story line is great for children of all ages even if they are not sad because it gives them a chance to know that if they become sad it is OK to cry. As I read it to Charlie I explained to him that even as a adult I have become sad in the past and had to figure out why. Especially when my daughter was killed. 

The funny part was Charlie wanted to know if he could turn blue when he was sad and if his tears could be Pink so I would always know he was upset. Which I think would be nice. But it does not work like that. 

All in all this book kept all the children engaged as it was not too long. They enjoyed the pictures a lot. Especially the cover. Charlie says it was OK that it was about a girl because boys do not cry. But once we finished the book he said it would have been okay if it had had a boy in it as they can be sad too. 

Once David heard what we was talking about he even told Charlie he gets sad sometimes and has cried in the past. Which has brought Charlie and David much closer together. Because before Charlie thought his dad was perfect and that is not the case. 

I would purchase this book to give as Gifts. Plus I will be checking Charlies school to see if they have it in the Library as I think it would make a nice addition. If they do not I will purchase it for the school as they can never have to many books. 

If you would like to know more about Pink Tears by Hana Goldberg you can check out the book on Amazon at: http://amzn.to/1STxqhM



"One day, when everyone was playing with everyone else, nobody played with Lolly. She stood apart, tears filling her throat..."

More About the Author

Biography

Hana Goldberg is a Lifetime Achievement Award winner from Israel's Association of Authors and Composers (ACUM), a bestselling and critically acclaimed novelist and an A-list lyricist with hundreds of popular songs and many #1 hits. Hana is a strong and original voice in Israeli culture and a frequent guest on Israeli television shows. 

**Follow Hana on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/HanaGoldberg. She loves to chat with readers.

What others are saying about Hana's books:

"Pure pleasure. Contemporary, flowing and fluid language. That is the greatness of Goldberg. She draws her characters with such precision it feels like you can actually touch them.‎" Women's World‎‎‎

"A brilliant bestseller: witty love story, full of humor and sensuality." Lily Pery, #1 literary editor

"Sharp dialogue and clever metaphors... A tight and elegant plot... A huge bestseller!" Yediot Achronot - largest newspaper in Israel
Thank you,
Glenda, Charlie and David Cates 

No comments: