Thursday, August 23, 2012

This has been a hard week for my family.

David and I went to register Charlie for school and we where assured he would be allowed to go, That our income was not enough to keep him out. Only that was not the case as we got a phone call saying he can not attend due to the amount of money we make.

Now mind you a lot of it is Davids's overtime and since he does not always have it we did not think they would count it only they did.

So I had to sit down and tell Charlie he would not be able to go to school and since I did he has been so angry with everyone. I see him act out and I know why but I still have to get on him. It is breaking my heart.

Then yesterday David came home and said all his overtime has been cut but it is to late to change the schools mind. So know we have to worry about the bills and not having enough to pay them.

This was supposed to be the year I would go to work and now I can not as we still have Charlie at home and if I did all I would make would go to the day Care. So it seem we are stuck.

Now I need to find ways to keep Charlie entertained why I work and I know this will not be easy as all of his friends are in school.

So Please Pray for my family why we try and figure everything out.

Glenda

2 comments:

Melanie Montgomery said...

Im sending prayers and good thoughts your way!

Char W said...

I am not sure what "grade" Charlie is supposed to be in (preschool, Pre-K) but there are lots of resources and ideas online. You might try looking at homeschool blogs for ideas. I know I've seen a lot of different activity ideas.

I know that there are websites where you can print stuff for him to trace. I think they are called handwriting printables or something.

Also if there are kids around his age that aren't in school, maybe look at doing a co-op preschool where you and a few moms get together and do activities with the kids.

Good luck. I'm not sure if you are looking for activities to keep him busy while you work from home. It wasn't clear in your blog post cause you said "Now I need to find ways to keep Charlie entertained why I work and I know this will not be easy as all of his friends are in school."

You can also look on pinterest too for ideas. Like I said, I'm not sure on his age so I don't know if what I am suggesting is appropriate. I have seen busy bags made with different activities in each one, such as a circle with upper case letters going around it (and lower case on a different one) and clothespins that have the letter on it with the object being to match the clothespin to the letter. And to expand on that, short words.