Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween and Hexburg went hand in hand at our house.

I was able to try out the new kit from Hexbug for Halloween and I must say it was a whole lot of fun.

In the kit I go the following items:  
  • 2 limited edition Hexbug Nano Halloween Zombie Bugs. 
  • 15 Glows in the Dark Hexbug Nano Galileo Bugs, 
  • 2 Glow in the Dark Hexbug Nana Habitat Sets,
  • 1 Glow in the Dark Hexbug Nano Evaluation Habitat Set.

Plus they included a list of games that we could play as well as recipes. So I did not tell my son about this but I went and let his teacher at his preschool know I had the kit and since all the moms from my mom group are in the class I decided I would take it up for his Halloween party. So while they where in class I sat the party up and then I sat out Halloween bags at all the kids places and with only 9 kids everyone including the teacher was given one. You should have heard the kids when they opened there bags they where so surprised and had so much fun with the bugs that they did not even want to follow me back to the classroom where I had set out the sets for them to build. But once they saw it they just could not stop playing and they just kept telling there moms they needed those sets. Even the staff came by the room and watched the kids play as they heard so much laughter. I then got out the papers and showed them the games and we played zombie Tag and once it was time for the kids to go home they refused.

Since my husband was not able to be at the party I had the children go ahead and  give me the bugs back and I brought them home and I made more Halloween bags for everyone in the apartment and I added the bugs to the bags and this time it was the adults who got the bugs and I set up the playsets and they had as much fun as the kids if not more. Now my husband is asking me to buy him some more for Christmas as I told Charlie he could take the bugs back to school to give to his friends as they Loved them and on playdates they can bring them over which will keep them busy and out of my hair.

For both parties I made the recipes that they sent with the kits and it was:
Zombie Punch
Cemetery Swamp Dip
Mummy Dogs
Creamy Candy Corn Pudding

I must tell you that I thought my son would refuse to even try any of the foods but when he say his friends eating it he did as well. Plus at home for the party there he was telling everyone how good the food was and they should try it.

So I must say both parties where a huge hit and I think these will be a best seller.


Charlie, David and Glenda



Also, please try to check this blog.
http://www.sjunkie.com/

1 comment:

Kohdok said...

I just grabbed one of those glowing hexbugs and they glow quite brightly! It's pretty fun!