Tuesday, November 20, 2012

LooHoo Wool Dryer Balls.

When we had our house I used to always do the laundry so David would not have to. Since we have been in the apartment for the past 2 years I have not done the laundry. As David says it is to hard on me to carry it to the laundry. So on his days off he and Charlie will do it for me. The other day I wanted to surprise David as he had been working so much overtime that I decided I would do the laundry. So I got it all together and I grabbed the dryer balls from LooHoo and headed to the Laundromat. When we got there I laid them out on the table and my son Charlie thought the where some balls he could play with. It took me forever to convince him that they where to go into the dryer.  While we where at the park waiting on the clothes to finish David walked up and I forgot to tell him that I had put the dryer balls in the dryer. He sent me home and said he would bring Charlie and the clothes once they finished. So I am picking up the house and I hear David come in and he starts to call me. I walk up and ask him what is wrong. He says Charlie put his balls in the dryer and I had to bring them home. By then I am laughing and he is looking at me like I am crazy. I finally was able to stop laughing and let him know that they where made for the dryer and what all they would do. This lead him to doing another load of laundry so he could use the LooHoo balls. He loved it he said and now he uses them all the time and refuses to buy dryer sheets. He has even gotten some of the ladies in the apartments to use the. 


LooHoo Wool Dryer Balls - Camden, ME

LooHoo wool dryer balls (formerly Wooly Rounds) are a playful, sustainable alternative to dryer sheets that helps protect your family’s health and the environment.
Unlike many commercial dryer sheets, LooHoo wool dryer balls are all-natural and contain no harmful chemicals or toxins, making them ideal to use with all laundry including delicate garments such as baby clothes and cloth diapers. As LooHoo wool dryer balls tumble in your dryer, they naturally soften fabrics leaving your clothes smelling fresh and clean.
Add LooHoo wool dryer balls to your current laundry routine by purchasing them here.

Spend less time doing laundry

Wooly Rounds owner Cyndi Prince and her family - Felted Wool Dryer BallsI learned about wool dryer balls in 2009.  When we made the decision to cloth diaper our son, I realized that we would have to give up using dryer sheets.  At first I really was sorry to see them go.  They eliminated static, and added very fragrant smells to our laundry.  But after doing some research, and learning about the harmful chemicals that are in dryer sheets and the negative impact they can have on clothes and on your dryer, I was happy to make a change and consider a more natural, healthy alternative.  That’s when I discovered wool dryer balls.  I purchased some online, they worked great and I started to see all the benefits that they offered, but the quality was lacking and only lasted a few months before they started to unravel.  So, I gave it a shot and tried to make some of my own.  I have a creative background and have always loved to make things so it was and is a lot of fun going through the trial and error stage to come up with a solid finished product.  During this time, I had taken New Ventures course through Women Work and Community and have known for awhile that I wanted to start and run my own business.  In October 2010, I launched LooHoo (formerly Wooly Rounds).  I love that this business is really about providing a sustainable alternative that will help protect your family’s health and that helps to reduce our impact on the environment.
Cyndi – Creator & Founder

What the heck is a wool dryer ball? 

A wool dryer ball is a felted ball of wool that you use in your clothes dryer to help separate your clothes.  Having several in your dryer creates a constant motion that allows for more air to circulate around your wet laundry so your clothes will dry faster. The more dryer balls you use, the less time it takes to dry a load and you can reduce your dry time by 10 –25%.  Wool dryer balls are absolutely ideal for any and all laundry, both personal and business, and are an essential asset to help reduce dry time, conserve energy and save you money.

http://www.loo-hoo.com/?page_id=1104
https://www.facebook.com/loohoowooldryerballs

No comments: