Saturday, November 3, 2012

Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Corn Stuffing from Betty Crocker

Betty Crocker

Tomorrow is my Birthday and since David is working all day and we do not have any plans and Charlie Loves his Stuffing I am thinking I will make this for Charlie and my lunch. Even though he does not eat Meat I do. Pork Chops was one of my daughters favorite foods and so if I make this Charlie and I can share stories of her and have a movie day. This way it will help me from missing her quite as bad. So
Happy Birthday to me.




1
tablespoon vegetable oil
6
boneless pork loin chops, about 3/4 inch thick (about 1 1/2 lb)
1
teaspoon seasoned salt
4
cups cornbread stuffing crumbs
1
medium stalk celery, chopped (1/2 cup)
1/4
cup chopped onion
1/4
teaspoon dried sage leaves, crushed
1 3/4
cups Progresso® chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
1
can (11 oz) Green Giant® SteamCrisp® Mexicorn® whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, drained
1
egg, beaten
  • 1In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook pork in oil about 5 minutes, turning once, until brown; drain. Sprinkle pork with seasoned salt. In large bowl, mix remaining ingredients.
  • 2Spray inside of 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Spoon stuffing mixture into cooker. Arrange pork chops in 2 layers over stuffing.
  • 3Cover; cook on Low heat setting 5 to 6 hours

Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Corn Stuffing

No comments: