Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Alexander, Spy Catcher

Diane Stormer has worked as both an artist and as a flight attendant. She is retired, and lives in Maryland with her family. She currently is working on a sequel which will be titled "Alexander, Treasure Hunter". Alexander, Spy Catcher is her first novel. The cover illustration is also her creation. http://dianestormer.com/
Alexander, Spy Cather
As everyone knows I love to read and to share my love of reading with Charlie, So when I heard about this book I thought it would be one he would enjoy. I also though that it might be something David would not mind listening to. As he has trouble reading some books and so I figured I could read it to them. I am so glad I decided to do this as they both enjoyed it so much. I have even seen David pick it up and try and read it to Charlie and to me this is a huge thing. As David always refuses to even try to read with Charlie and it makes me so frustrated. I am so afraid this is going to cause Charlie to struggle with reading as well. As my doctor told us that boys whose fathers read to them will come near and finish school it makes me want to push David into reading to Charlie and so I fight not to get into it with David. I just get books I think Charlie would enjoy and I read to him. If it does not work then at least I know I did do my part. So with Alexander, The Spy being a chapter book I would read a chapter or two each night until we finished the book, There was many nights that Charlie did not want me to stop reading but I would as I knew it would make it easier to get him into bed the next night. What Charlie did not know though is that sometimes I would go ahead and read ahead as I knew that I would not be able to go to sleep if I did not know what was going to happen. Charlie also though it was neat that there Uncle who disappeared was also named Charlie and I think this is one of the reasons he enjoyed this book so much. Knowing that this is her first book I can not wait to see if she comes out with others as I do want to read them as well. This book has lead us to the library to find more books on spy's that we can use in our home school reading class which is great. Charlie says they only thing he would change about the book is that he would add pictures to it and I also think that that would be nice to have as we could see what all the characters looked like. Charlie, Glenda and David

No comments: