Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Bird Feeding Starter Kit


RE-USE PLASTIC BOTTLES! Bird Feeding Starter Kit includes: 1 Soda Bottle Hanging Feeder and 1 Watering Well. Just add 2 empty soda bottles, birdseed, and water! Backyard bird feeding is a fun, educational, and inexpensive hobby that can be enjoyed by children and adults. And the wild birds really appreciate having a steady source of feed and water!  Made in USA.  Soda Bottles not included. Click here to see the entire line of Soda Bottle bird feeders.

bfstarterkit.jpg

This is something I saw online and thought would make a nice Science and Art Project for Charlie. As we could do it in place of school books. As it would allow him and David to do something together. Since David is not much on teaching from a book but likes to build this will allow him to help Charlie with his school. I like that it is something that will last a while and can lead to many different projects for school. As Charlie can track which birds show up for a week. Or he can track what type of birds show up. Plus he can show the smaller kids in the complex how to fill it to feed the birds.
I know one Charlie is finished putting the Bird Feeder together that he will want to hang it up. I would like to hang it on our porch in front of the big window but I am going to wait and see where they decide to hang it at. Knowing them they may take it across to the little park in front of our house as it is full of trees.
I also can not wait to see what types of birds come and eat out of it. I would like for a Red Bird to come as red is Charlies favorite color. I would like to see a Blue Bird though as I think there so pretty.
Do you have a Bird Feeder if so what is your favorite bird to feed?
When I looked at the instructions on how to put the Bird Feeder together I was impressed by how easy it is to make and that you do not need anything extra to put it together. I also like that it is blue as this is another of Charlies favorite colors. 
Charlie will like knowing he can go to the store to get a Pepsi as it says this is the best kind of bottle to use as he normally is not allowed to have a Soda.
So not only is it a lesson but a treat as well.
red bird in snow.jpg

Glenda, Charlie and David 

No comments: