Wednesday, July 8, 2015

AMWELL Review

iPhone Screenshot 2

As a mom of a little boy who seems to have no fear I am always afraid Charlie is going to need a doctor and I will not have a way to get him to one. Especially if something happens in the evening as David works nights and we only have one car. Now I know I can hear you say call a ambulance but with no insurance it would cost us more than we have. Plus I am always afraid he would not be bad enough to call the ambulance and so I would waste there time. 



But since I found out about Amwell I do not have to worry about this as I can call Amwell  24/7 and someone will answer and help me decide what I need to do. Which is great because as a parent knowing you can reach a doctor 24/7 allows us a piece of mind. 

Plus as we are out about this Summer visiting water parks and things if one of us needs a doctor I can grab my IPhone or iPad and with just one phone call have a doctor answer questions for me. As kids can get hurt so fast. But not only kids adults as well. Especially with all the bugs out and about. 

As I looked through the list to see some of the things they can help with I was amazed to see weight loss on there as I have been struggling to lose weight. Which is not happening. So I have a couple questions I would like to ask them and see if they can tell me why no matter what why I do I do not seem to lose any weight.. Which is frustrating me to no end. Which leads to depression which Amwell  can also help out with. 

All you need to do is chose the  type of visit you are looking for and select a provider.  Depending on the issue at hand, the doctor can diagnose, suggest follow up, and prescribe, when appropriate.  Amwell takes our  privacy very seriously. Your visit with the doctor is secure and HIPAA compliant.  Amwell doctor visits are now available in 46 states.

As I checked out the site I saw they take Insurance and that they cost less than most doctors which is a huge plus for my family. As a lot of the time even though we need to go to the doctor we chose not to as we can not afford the amount they charge to see the doctor. 

Another reason I liked Amwell is because my dad comes here a lot of times and stays with us. But with his health not being as good as it should be this will be awesome to use as I will be able to find a Doctor for him. Which in the past we had trouble finding as no one wanted to see him as we live in Texas and he is from Oklahoma. Plus if he does not feel like going into the doctor he will be able to talk to them on the phone and they will be able to help him out. 


Reasons to Use Amwell
Created by doctors, Amwell is:
-              The most popular consumer telehealth app worldwide in 2014 according to App Annie
-              The first telehealth service awarded accreditation by The American Telemedicine Association 
-              The first telehealth platform to integrate with Apple’s Health App
-              The only service that allows you to select the doctor you want to see for an on-demand visit



Focus
See a doctor anytime on your iPhone or iPad. Amwell brings healthcare home, so that you and your family can feel better, faster. Doctors on Amwell are board certified, with an average of 15 years in practice. They are available 24/7, with no appointment needed. 

Have a question to ask a doctor? Get the care you need quickly - typical issues include:
•             Bronchitis
•             Cough
•             Sinus infection
•             Sore throat
•             Urinary tract infection
•             Vomiting
•             Diarrhea
•             Fever
•             Pinkeye
•             Flu
•             Sprains and strains
•             Cold
•             Respiratory infection
•             Headache
•             Depression
•             Anxiety
•             Weight concerns
•             Smoking cessation


About Amwell
Amwell is the nation’s largest telehealth company, connecting users with board-certified, licensed doctors for immediate and live, online visits—day or night, on either mobile or desktop.  Some general conditions our doctors encounter include: minor illnesses and injuries, general health and wellness concerns, prescription refills, and chronic condition management.  We employ primary care and specialist physicians, as well as licensed behavioral therapists and registered dietitians, to meet our patients’ health and wellness needs. Amwell doctors are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and are dedicated to keeping you healthy -- all from the comfort of your home.

Recently featured video (#momsloveamwell):  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N8bbTtx05c



DISCLOSURE:  This post was sponsored by the Role Mommy Writer's Network.  However, all opinions are 100% my own.

If you would like to check out Amwell you can for free using this code: ROLEMOMMY

Glenda, Charlie and David Cates 

No comments: