I would like to share my thoughts with you on a book I received from the Cadence Group called Stuck in the Passing Lane written by Jed Ringel. In exchange for a review.

I am on who has to have a book grab me right away or I lose interest in it and lay it down and move on. The way I do this is I read the last page and if it seems like something I would like to know more about I will sit down and read the first couple chapters.
So I did this with Stuck In The Passing Lane and there was nothing on the last page to make me want to read it further. But since I did not have anything else to do I thought lets give it a whirl. Which I am glad I did as parts of it was funny. I learned about some new places. Plus I learned more about the dating scene.
Is this a book I would read again most likely not. Would I purchase more of his books? I might just to see what they are like. Would I give this book as a Gift? No, I do not think I would?
But once I got into the book I did enjoy it and I had to know what happened and could not stop reading it until I was done. So that was a good thing. I shared it with David and he thumbed through it and says he might read it one day. But like me he is not sure if he will or not.
So all in all I would give this book a 4 as it can be funny. It try's to intrigue us. But it does not teach a lesson. Plus some of it can be a tad boring.
About the book:
Stuck in the Passing Lane. Written by author Jed Ringel, this is a story well told about a man seeking, not elder-unions or technology-hyped access to women, but a relationship as intimate and intense as he sought in his 20¹s and 30¹s. There¹s no ³how to² or ³self-help² aspect to Stuck in the Passing Lane; it¹s as honest, self-aware and self-deprecating a look as the author could provide of his search for love.

http://jedringel.com
Stuck in the Passing Lane
Glenda, Charlie and David Cates
I am on who has to have a book grab me right away or I lose interest in it and lay it down and move on. The way I do this is I read the last page and if it seems like something I would like to know more about I will sit down and read the first couple chapters.
So I did this with Stuck In The Passing Lane and there was nothing on the last page to make me want to read it further. But since I did not have anything else to do I thought lets give it a whirl. Which I am glad I did as parts of it was funny. I learned about some new places. Plus I learned more about the dating scene.
Is this a book I would read again most likely not. Would I purchase more of his books? I might just to see what they are like. Would I give this book as a Gift? No, I do not think I would?
But once I got into the book I did enjoy it and I had to know what happened and could not stop reading it until I was done. So that was a good thing. I shared it with David and he thumbed through it and says he might read it one day. But like me he is not sure if he will or not.
So all in all I would give this book a 4 as it can be funny. It try's to intrigue us. But it does not teach a lesson. Plus some of it can be a tad boring.
About the book:
What happens when a newly divorced, monogamous, family-oriented Baby Boomer gets trapped on the Internet dating superhighway? From Spanish Harlem to Singapore, in relationships with Muscovite intellectuals and streetwise Chinatown massage parlor queens, Jed Ringel takes you on this hilarious, heartrending, self-revelatory, and sometimes even cringe-worthy journey. With the unsparing comments of his three daughters, and his own honest, self-deprecating assessments, Stuck in the Passing Lane is the non-stop entertaining memoir of a mature man, dauntlessly searching for his last great love; one that won¹t, in just a matter of time, become relationship déjà vu.
Stuck in the Passing Lane. Written by author Jed Ringel, this is a story well told about a man seeking, not elder-unions or technology-hyped access to women, but a relationship as intimate and intense as he sought in his 20¹s and 30¹s. There¹s no ³how to² or ³self-help² aspect to Stuck in the Passing Lane; it¹s as honest, self-aware and self-deprecating a look as the author could provide of his search for love.

http://jedringel.com
Biography
Stuck in the Passing Lane
Glenda, Charlie and David Cates
No comments:
Post a Comment