She's smart, pretty, and runs her own business. So then why does she feel so dead inside? Between work, two kids, and a husband who finds her about as exciting as furniture shopping, this is the story of a (formerly-exciting but now way-too-typical) suburban mom who diagnoses herself with Momnesia and sets about finessing a new version of her old vivaciousness:
Momnesia (mahm-nee-zhuh) -noun-
Loss of the memory of who you used to be. Caused by pregnancy, play dates, and trying to keep the house cleaner than the Joneses.
She finds some adventure pursing her own interests, and does make some new friends (including the battery operated variety), but still feels like nothing more than a caretaker.
In between dealing with her husband's manic-depresssive behavior, drama with her friends, and some naughty Internet escapades, she ponders, Is it that I haven't been myself? Or is it that I am being myself, but just different than I used to be?
This is one of those books every women should read. I tell you I am going to share it with all my Girlfriends. I think we should invest in one of her shot glasses and also one of her sweat shirts and go and pour us our favorite drinks and hide until we have all read the book and had time to finish it as it does make you think.
I wonder if ""OPRAH:" would consider using it in her book club? As her and Gayle should take the time to read it. Even though they are not moms I am sure that they can relate to parts of the story.
This book has showed me that I can do anything.
Glenda
No comments:
Post a Comment